The MPU-6050 is the latest product of invensense company products. This sensor is used in Ardupilot autopilot. The sensor contains a 3 axis MEMS accelerometer and a 3 axis MEMS gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, since it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefore it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time.
Also, it is accurate because you have the 3 axis gyro and 3 axis accelerometers on single chip so you do not need to align them.
The sensor has a “Digital Motion Processor” (DMP), also called a “Digital Motion Processing Unit”. This DMP can be programmed with firmware made by invensense and is able to do complex calculations with the sensor values.
- I2C Digital-output of 6 or 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Input Voltage: 2.3 – 3.4V.
- Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps.
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection.
- Digital-output temperature sensor.