Let us explain the power of The Raspberry Pi 2 in simple words and far from technical complications and big words. Simply, The Raspberry Pi 2 is much faster and have the double RAM size (1 GB) compared to former Raspberry Pi model B+. In addition, it supports Windows 10 operating system besides the usual Linux. Moreover, it is fully compatible with the older version Raspberry Pi model B+ as it has the same board layout so you can use any accessories or hardware expansions or casing you already had for Raspberry Pi model B+.
Technically speaking, this improvement in Raspberry Pi 2 was achieved because it is equipped with new powerful ARMv7 processor running at 900 Mhz and a Videocore 4 GPU. As a result, this allows for much powerful applications, HD videos, RAM size expansion to double sized RAM and also enable the use for the Windows 10 operating system. All these advantages were not possible with the older ARMv6 processor.
- Broadcom 900 MHz ARMv7 Quad Core Processor SoC
- Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 x USB2.0 Ports with up to 1.2A output
- Expanded 40-pin GPIO Header
- Video/Audio Out via 4-pole 3.5mm connector, HDMI, or Raw LCD (DSI)
- Storage: microSD
- 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)
- Power Requirements: 5V @ 600 mA via MicroUSB or GPIO Header
- Supports Windows 10, Debian GNU/Linux, Fedora, Arch Linux, RISC OS and More!
- Low-Level Peripherals (27 x GPIO, UART, I2C bus, SPI bus with two chip selects, +3.3V, +5V, Ground)