The TDA7388 is an AB class audio power amplifier, packaged in Flexiwatt 25 and designed for high end car radio applications.
Based on a fully complementary PNP/NPN configuration, the TDA7388 allows a rail to rail output voltage swing with no need of bootstrap capacitors. The extremely reduced boundary components count allows very compact sets.
- High output power capability:
- 4 x 45 W / 4 Ω max.
- 4 x 26 W / 4 Ω @ 14.4 V, 1 kHz, 10 %
- Low distortion
- Low output noise
- Standby function
- Mute function
- Automute at min. supply voltage detection
- Low external component count:
- Internally fixed gain (26 dB)
- No external compensation
- No bootstrap capacitors
- Output short circuit to gnd, to VS, across the load
- Very inductive loads
- Overrating chip temperature with soft thermal limiter
- Load dump voltage
- Fortuitous open GND
- Reversed battery